FREEDOM 4X8 GALVANIZED FOLDING UTILITY TRAILER
The Freedom GALVANIZED 4X8 3 in 1 folding utility trailer is large enough to use for a number of transporting requirements. The bed tilts all the way to the ground for easy loading. The hot dipped galvanization process ensures this trailer will last for decades to come. NO RUST! The trailer is ideal for landscaping and construction, and can also be used for outdoor sports equipment such as ATV’s, boats, motorbikes, or just to move things around. It also saves space and stores easily by folding up when not in use. When folded and upright, it easily rolls on the provided casters and takes up less than 2 feet of space in width. This is a U-build custom unit so it can be customized to whatever need you have for the trailer with a flat deck and or sides.
Ship Weight: 265.0 lbs
Gross Vehicle Weight Rated (lbs.) 1,980
Load Capacity (lbs.) 1,720
Deck Size L x W (ft.) 4 x 8
Wheel Size (in.) 5.30 – 12
Coupler Size (in.) 2
Frame Material Steel
Assembly Required Yes ( 2 to 10 hours depending on skill level)
Overall Dimensions L x W x H (in.) 135 x 65 x 24
coupler height: 1 foot 8 inches from ground
Coupler: 2” steel coupler
Class l, 3500 lbs max rating
Bolt-on safety chains
wire connection: 4 Flat
Deck Dimensions: 4'x 8'
· C.S.A. / D.O.T. compliant LED stop, turn, tail & running lights
· 4 prong trailer wiring connector
· Durable hot dipped galvanized finish
· 2” wide x 2” high tongue
· Cross members 2.5mm channel structure
· 1.5” x 3” x 3.5” channel frame structure
This is a great trailer it's light and easy to move by hand prefect for hauling my small boat and it's comes with a good price . It was very easy to put together with easy to understand instructions and with the Galvanized coated frame you never have to paint it . I did add a little more grease to the wheel bearings as there wasn't much there. I put a 5/8'' sheet of pressure treated plywood on the top and made the trailer with no folding action as I didn't need to fold it up. Thanks Muddy River for a Great Trailer.
I built a floor and sides, but yes, grease in wheels no good, snapped off a zerk [note they are M8] - now i've re-greased the wheel bearings and hope the hubs don't heat up!
Easy enough to assemble - nothing complicated and plenty of instructions online. Build quality is excellent. Quality control seems good enough - I had to file 2 holes to make the bold fit, but the rest all worked well. Couple criticisms that don't reduce my rating:
- had to supply my own cable ties and stick-on anchors for keeping the wiring from flopping around. The included metal fasteners are not adequate. Not a big deal.
- No fasteners included for the plywood top that the vast majority of users will likely install. I used carriage bolts.
- Everyone, including instructions, seem to recommend replacing the grease in the bearings. Messy job that seems like a waste. Why not put usable grease to start with?
Muddy River was great to deal with. Thank you! Appreciate the service!